|文章作者：xc75805 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2008-11-25||
I was on my way to the Taiyetos Mountains. The sun was setting when my car ___31___ (break) down near a remote and poor village. Cursing my misfortune, I was wondering where I was going to spend the night when I realized that the villagers who had gathered around me were arguing as to ___32___ should have the honor of receiving me ___33___ a guest in their house. Finally, I accepted the offer of an old woman who lived alone in a little house. While she was getting me ___34___ (settle) into a tiny but clean room, the head of the village was tying up his horse to my car to pull it to ___35___ small town some 20 kilometres away___36___there was a garage.
I had noticed three hens running free in my hostess’s courtyard and that night one of them ended up in a dish on my table. ___37___ villagers brought me goat’s cheese and hone. We drank together and talked ___38___ (merry) till far into the night.
When the time came for me to say goodbye to my friends in the village, I wanted to reward the old woman ___39___the trouble I had caused ___40___.
31. broke。用过去式，因为前面用的是过去进行时，此句中的 when 意为“这时突然”，类似的又如：I was going to bed when the telephone rang. 我正要睡觉，忽然电话响了。
32. who。指人，且用作主语，故用 who。
33. as。考查honour…as…结构，其中的 as 意为“作为”。
34. settled。注意用过去分词，考查“get+宾语+过去分词”结构，getting me settled into…的意思是“安排我住进……”。
36. where。引导定语从句，用作地点状语；定语从句修饰名词a small town。
37. other。指其他的村民(from www.nmet168.com)。
39. for。考查 reward sb for sth 结构，其意为“因某事报答人”。
40. her。因前面提到是一位 old woman，故用 her。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||