|文章作者：xc75805 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2008-11-25||
Chinese proverbs are rich and they are still widely used in Chinese people’s daily life. ___31___ these proverbs there are often interesting stories. For example, the proverb, “plucking up a crop ___32___ (help) it grow”, is based on the following story.
It is said that a short-tempered man in the Song Dynasty (960—1279) was very anxious to help ___33___rice crop grow up quickly. He was thinking about ___34___ day and night. But the crop was growing much slower than he expected.
One day, he came up with an idea ___35___ he would pluck up all of his crop a few inches. He did so the next day.
He was very tired ___36___ doing this for a whole day, ___37___ he felt very happy since the crop did “grow” ___38___ (high).
His son heard about this and went to see the crop. Unfortunately the leaves of the crop began to wither.
This proverb is saying we have to let things go in their ___39___ (nature) course. Being too anxious to help an event develop often ___40___ (result) in the contrary to our intention.
31. Behind /In。指在这些谚语的背后，也就是说这些谚语所蕴涵的故事。
32. to help。plucking up a crop to help it grow的意思是“拔苗助长”，其中的不定式to help it grow为目的状语。
33. his。因前面提到的是a short-tempered man，故此处用 his 表示“他的”。
34. it / this / that。用以指代 help his rice crop grow up quickly 这件事。
36. after / from。用 after 可以句意上得到解释，指工作了一整天之后感到很累了；用from可以从搭配上得到解释，因为 be tired from 为固定搭配，其意为“因为……而劳累”，其中的from 表原因，又如：He was tired from walking all the way to the station. 他因一路走到车站而觉得累。She was tired from long studying. 她因长时间学习而感到累了。注意：be tried of 与be tired from不同，前者表示“对…感到厌烦或厌倦”，后者表示“因…而疲倦”。
37. but。前后意思转折(from www.nmet168.com)。
39. natural。用于名词前作定语，故用形容词形式。natural course 指自然生长过程。
40. results。因主语为动名词，故谓语要用单数。result in 为固定搭配，意为“导致……结果”。又如：His doing things should result in success. 由他做的话，应该会成功。 Failure to obey the regulations may result in disqualification. 若不遵守规章，就会被取消资格。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||