|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2009-04-26||
A. Mauritius, an island lying off the southeast Africa in the Indian Ocean. The pleasant tropical climate and scenery provides the perfect setting to enjoy everything. The sea is full of colorful life that lives around the coral reef. This makes Mauritius a wonderful place for swimming and diving.
B. Las Vegas is really a fascinating city, where you can dine in the finest restaurants, shop in the most chic stores, and watch world-class entertainment. Maybe you will become a millionaire or lose all your money overnight. What’s so clever about Las Vegas is that it makes absolutely certain that you have such a good time that you don’t mind losing a bit of money along the way. That’s why they don’t even call it “gambling” any more, but “gaming”.
C. Few cities leave the visitors with such vivid impressions, the whole city is something of a work of art. And annual film festival is held with a refreshing emphasis on art. Few cities can compete with the thousands of cafes, bars and restaurants that line every Parisian street. And along the street you will be fascinated by the beautiful window shows of various clothes.
D. Kitzbuhel is a paradise for all the skiers. With fine weather and breath-taking scenery, it is a world-class ski report. Every winter, thousands of people come from all parts of the world to challenge themselves.
E. Jerusalem is regarded as a holy place by Jews, Muslims and Christians. For Jews, it is where their ancestors built the first and second temples. For Christians, the city was the scene of Jesus’ life. However, since the war broke out, people there have suffered a lot, the situation has been tense, and peace is just a dream.
F. The old Nile brought about the civilization of Egypt; people there regard it as “the mother river” of them. On both sides of the Nile stand noble pyramids which were built as the tombs of the ancient pharaohs (法老). Along with the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, the Great Sphinx ix one of the greatest and most studied monuments of human history. (from www.nmet168.com)
1. Smith is a professor who does research on ancient buildings. This month, his university gives a reward to him for his great contributions. So now an idea of traveling to a new place to continue his study has come into his mind.
2. Though Lola is a woman reporter, she is brave enough to go deep into the places at war. This year, she was honored as “Rose of Front”. Next month, she will go to a place at war. She is confident to do her work well and give people the most brief and real reports.
3. Alice and Simon are going to get married. They want to hold an underwater wedding in a special place, which has beautiful scenery, silver sand, delicious seafood and luxurious hotels, where they can enjoy themselves.
4. Jane is a modern girl, who is a crazy fan of rock music and films. She has a romantic dream, that is, one day, she will go to a beautiful place to appreciate all the attractive music and films with a cup of coffee in her hand.
5. Tom is really depressed these days. Owing to his bad management, his company closed. He wants to go to a place to try his fortune so that he can start his business again in the near future.
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||