|2010年高考英语试题及答案 word 版·全国卷II|
|文章作者：命题中心 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2010-06-08||
第三节 完形填空（共20小题；每小题1. 5分，满分30分）
A man who knows how to write a personal letter has a very powerful tool. A letter can be enjoyed, read and ___21___. It can set up a warm conversation between two people far apart (远离的); it can keep a ___22___ with very little effort.
I will give ___23___. A few years ago my older brother and l were not getting ___24___. We had been close as ___25___ but had grown apart. Our meetings were not ___26___; our conversation was filled with arguments and quarrels: and every effort to clear the air seemed to only ___27___ our misunderstanding. Then he ___28___ a small island in the Caribbean and we ___29___ touch. One day he wrote me a letter. He described his island and its people, told me what he was doing, said how he felt, and encouraged me to 30. Rereading the letter, I was ___31___ by its humor (幽默) and clever expressions. These were all qualities for which I had ___32___ respected my older brother but ___33___ he no longer had them. I had never known he could write so ___34___. And with that one letter we became friends ___35___.
It might never have occurred to ___36___ to write me if he had not been in a place where there were no ___37___. For him, writing was a necessity. It also turned out to be the best way for us to get back in touch. Because we live in an age of ___38___ communication (通讯), people often ___39___ that they don’t always have to phone or email. They have a ___40___. And that is to write.
21. A. received B. rewritten C. returned D. reread
22. A. record B. promise C. friendship D. secret
23. A. an example B. a lesson C. an experience D. a talk
24. A. through B. together C. along D. away
25. A. brothers B. children C. fellows D. classmates
26. A. normal B. necessary C. pleasant D. possible
27. A. deepen B. start C. express D. settle
28. A. toured B. stopped C. reached D. m
29. A. lost B. kept in C. needed D. got in
30. A. think B. write C. enjoy D. read
31. A. driven B. beaten C. surprised D. honored
32. A. never B. seldom C. sometimes D. once
33. A. realized B. judged C. thought D. expected.
34. A. well B. often C. much D. soon
35. A. later B. anyhow C. too D. again.
36. A. us B. anyone C. someone D. my brother
37. A. mail services B. transport services C. phones D. relative
38. A. poor B. easy C. popular D. busy
39. A. believe B. decide C. argue D. forget
40. A. habit B. choice C. method D. plan
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||