|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2010-09-05||
【黑色英文字为教材原文 || 深红色汉字为教材翻译 || 绿色文字为相关问题的参考答案】
Discovering useful structures 找出有用的结构
1 Look at these sentences. Can you find out the difference between direct speech and indirect speech?
1. “I don’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary,” said Anne. (Direct speech)
Anne said that she didn’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary. (Indirect speech)
2. “Does a friend always have to be a person?” the writer asks us. (Direct speech)
The writer asks us if a friend always has to be a person. (Indirect speech)
3. Anne’s sister asked her what she called her diary. (Indirect speech)
“What do you call your diary?” Anne’s sister asked her. (Direct speech)
4. Father asked Anne why she had gone to bed to late the night before. (Indirect speech)
“Why did you go to bed so late last night?” Father asked Anne. (Direct speech)
4. 若直接引语为疑问句（含一般疑问句或特殊疑问句），变为间接引语时，要注意改用陈述句词序；反过来，若是由间接引语变为直接引语，则要考虑改为相应的疑问句词序（若间接引语中的宾语从句由疑问句引语或由if / whether引导的话）。
2 Change the first four sentences from direct speech into indirect speech and the rest from indirect speech into direct speech.
1. “I don’t know the address of my new home,” said Anne.
2. “I’ve got tired of looking at nature through dirty curtains and dusty windows,” Anne said to he father.
3. “I need to pack up my things in the suitcase very quickly,” the girl said.
4. “Why did you choose your diary and old letters?” her father asked her.
5. Mother asked her if / whether she was very hot with so many clothes on.
6. Margot asked her what else she had hidden under her overcoat.
7. Anne asked her father when they would go back home.
8. Father asked Anne why she had talked so much to that boy.
1. Anne said that she didn’t know the address of her new home
2. Anne said to (told) her father that she had got tired of looking at nature through dirty curtains and dusty windows.
3. The girl said that she needed o pack up her things in the suitcase very quickly.
4. Her father asked her why she chose her diary and old letters.
5. Mother asked her, “Are you very hot with so many clothes on?”
6. Margot asked her, “What else have you hidden under your overcoat?” / Margot asked her, “What else did you hide under your overcoat?”
7. “When will we go back home?” Anne asked her father.
8. “Why have you talked so much to that boy?” Anne’s father asked her. / “Why did you talk so much to that boy?” Anne’s father asked her.
3 Pair work. One of you will be a child and the other the grandmother. The grandmother is listening to a weather report with her grandchild. Try to use indirect speech in your dialogue.
GM: What’s the weather in Beijing tomorrow? I can’t hear the man clearly on the TV.
GC: That’s all right, I can help. The man said…
GM: What did he say about Shanghai?
GM: What’s the weather like in Beijing tomorrow? I can’t hear the man clearly on the TV.
GC: That’s all right, I can help. The man said it would be raining and that the temperature would be from 16℃ to 24℃.
GM: What did he say about Shanghai?
GC: The man said that it would be cloudy and that the temperature would be from 23℃ to 28℃.
GM: And what about Guangzhou?
GC: The man said that it would be sunny in Guangzhou and that the temperature would be from 26℃ to 33℃.
GM: And what did the man say about Chongqing?
GC: He said that the weather would be foggy and that the temperature would be from 22℃ to 30℃.
GM: How about Changchun?
GC: The man said that the weather in Changchun would be overcast and that the temperature would be from 12℃ to 22℃.
1. 注意 ℃ 的读法，如 26℃ 读作 twenty-six degrees centigrade。
2. 在间接引语中，当主句动词后跟有两个用 that 引导的宾语从句时，前面一个宾语从句的引导词 that 可以省略，但第后面一个宾语从句的引导语 that 不能省略。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||