|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2011-07-26||
If we agree that the function of education is to prepare us for life, then there is very little time to waste. So, while we can, we ought to concentrate on teaching children something really useful. Here is what our school should teach.
Politeness is a mark of civilization. The sooner children learn this, the better. In any case, a lot can be accomplished by a smile and good manners.
Like it or not, our adult lives will be consumed by the struggle for money, but we don’t make an effort to teach children how to manage it. So our schools have a duty to teach them this ability from the beginning.
We’re likely to accept something we are told, but that’s not what educated people do. Educated people are reasonable and they look at facts. If our schools teach nothing else, they should at least teach critical（批判性的）thinking.
Children should learn to take care of their health. They should know that if they eat junk food（垃圾食品）, they will become fat and unhealthy. They should be very clear about what happens to their bodies when they drink or smoke.
All of us are part of society. We have rights and responsibilities. We ought to understand what they are. We have to know a little bit of history and geography, because we need to have an environment in which to relate to the people around us.
How will we test students on these? We can’t. But that’s not a reason to avoid teaching what is important. Our schools should spend every moment they have telling this to our children: “This is life, this is what you are going to face, and this is how you deal with it. ”
76. Teaching / Education / Schooling。通过分析表格的整体框架，并阅读文章的第一段可知，空格处填Teaching、Education或者Schooling都符合题意。
77. preparation。根据文章第一段第一句（If we agree that the function of education is to prepare us for life）可知，空格处应该填prepare；但由于空格前有不定冠词a，所以空格处应填prepare的名词形式，即填preparation。
78. school(s)。根据文章第一段最后一句（Here is what our school should teach）可知，此空格处应填school(s)。若填school，则in school为固定搭配，表示“在学校”；若填schools，则表泛指，in schools指“在各类学校”。
79. Content(s) / content(s) / Subjects / subjects / Topics / topics。通过研读表格右边所列条目，可以很容易发现，这些条目都是“教学内容”（或“教学科目”“教学主题”）。这刚好与第1段最后一句（Here is what our school should teach）以及其后各段的内容相吻合。
80. politely / properly / well。注意第80题至84题与本文的第2段至第6段的内容一一对应。文章第2段的大意是：礼貌是文明的标志，孩子们越早学会懂礼貌越好。不管怎样，有许多事情有时通过一个微笑和好的礼貌就能办成。由此可知，空格处应填politely。另外空格处填properly或well也与politely意思差不多。
82. think。首先，根据文章第4段结尾处的they should at least teach critical thinking可知，空格处应填think。
83. healthy / fit。根据文章第5段开头的Children should learn to take care of their health.可知，这里应填healthy或者与它意思相近的fit。注意，由于空格前是动词keep，所以空格处应填形容词healthy，而不能直接使用原文中的health。
84. society。根据文章第6段开头处的All of us are part of society. We have rights and responsibilities可知，此处应填society。
85. life。根据文章第7段（即最后一段）的最后一句（This is life…）可知，此处应填life。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||