|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2011-07-26||
It is now possible to watch live sport on television on any day of the week, and the current amount of reporting will undoubtedly increase further in years to come. This is certainly having an influence on the live sports events themselves, and there are both benefits and shortcomings to this.
Why has there been such growth in televised sport? For one thing, with digital broadcasting, there are now many more TV channels than there were even ten years ago. Moreover, sport has become an important form of entertainment, appealing to both men and women.
When are the benefits of this state of affairs? One obvious advantage to the profession is the addition of money provided by television companies. Large football clubs benefit financially from TV income and the top players can command very large salaries. Less popular sports also receive money that can be used in training and awareness-raising. What’s more, there is a health benefit to some of the population, because through televised sport, more people have become interested in actually playing sport.
However, _________ if so much sport is on television. Considering football again, many small clubs have suffered financial losses recently, as they cannot compete with the large ones. There has been a general falling in ticket sales, especially among smaller clubs. Fewer people attend live matches nowadays, preferring to watch from the comfort of their living room. And ticket prices have risen greatly.
To sum up, while televised sport has created many opportunities and benefited certain people and clubs very much, it has also been responsible for changing the nature of live sports events for ever.
76. What is the main idea of the text? (no more than 8 words)
77. Complete the following statement with words from Paragraph 2. (no more than 3 words)
There has been a great increase in TV channels in the past few years with the help of ______
78. Point out the advantage of televised sport which does not concern money in Paragraph 3. (no more than 3 words)
79. Fill in the blank in Paragraph 4 with proper words. (no more than 6 words)
80. What does the word “it” in Paragraph 5 probably refer to? (no more than 3 words)
76. 答案：Benefits and shortcomings of televised sport. / Advantages and disadvantages of televised sport. 命题依据是文章第1段（尤其是最后一句话：and there are both benefits and shortcomings to this）和最后一段。
77. 答案：digital broadcasting. 命题依据（第2段）：For one thing, with digital broadcasting, there are now many more TV channels than there were even ten years ago. 根据此句可以轻松得出答案。
78. 答案：A health benefit. 命题依据（第3段）：What’s more, there is a health benefit to some of the population, because through televised sport, more people have become interested in actually playing sport. 这句话的意思是：而且，对有些人来说，还可以在健康方面受益，因为通观看电视转播的体育运动，有更多的人开始对自己参与体育运动也感兴趣了。
79. 答案：There are (some) shortcomings (disadvantages). / There will be (some) shortcomings (disadvantages). 根据文章第1段最后一句可知“直播体育赛事”（live sports events）有“利”（benefits）也有“弊”（shortcomings），而第3段在讲述了“利”（advantages）之后，第4段一开头就说however（但是），这说明第4段是讲述其“弊”（事实上，第4段的内容也的确是讲so much sport is on television所带来的不利因素）。
80. 答案：Televised sport. 命题依据是整个第5段。关键词是it后面的also（也），它表示it与前面while从句的主语（televised sport）是一致的(www.nmet168.com)。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||