|文章作者：Bais 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2012-05-04||
In the past, man did not have to think about the protection of his environment. There were few people on the earth, and natural resources seemed to be ___1___.
Today things are ___2___, the world has become too ___3___. We are using up our natural resources too quickly, and at the same time we are ___4___ our environment with dangerous chemicals. If we ___5___ to do this, human life on the earth will not survive.
Everyone wonders today that if too many fish are ___6___ from the sea, there will soon be none left. Yet, with modern fishing ___7___, more and more fish are caught. We know that if too many trees are ___8___, forests will disappear and nothing will grow on the land. Yet, we continue to ___9___ bigger and more powerful machines to cut down more and more trees.
We realize that if rivers are polluted with ___10___ products from factories, we will die. ___11___, in most countries wastes are ___12___ put into rivers or into the sea, and there are ___13___laws to stop this.
We know, too, that if the population of the world continues to ___14___ at the present rate, in a few years there will not be enough ___15___. What can we do to solve these problems?
If we eat more vegetables and less ___16___, there will be more food available(可得到的) for everyone.
Our natural resources will ___17___ longer if we learn to recycle them.
The world ___18___will not rise so quickly if people use modern methods of birth___19___.
Finally, if we educate people to ___20___ about the problems, we shall have a better and cleaner planet in the future.(www.nmet168.com)
1. A. beautiful B. unlimited C. much D. fine
2. A. common B. good C. enjoyable D. different
3. A. crowded B. much C. many D. new
4. A. protecting B. keeping C. polluting D. fighting
5. A. stop B. continue C. begin D. like
6. A. taken B. killed C. fed D. discovered
7. A. suggestions B. boats C. methods D. poles
8. A. cut off B. cut down C. planted D. grown
9. A. make B. buy C. plan D. use
10. A. good B. waste C. ill D. proper
11. A. Thus B. However C. Generally speaking D. Therefore
12. A. still B. even C. also D. certainly
13. A. many B. plenty of C. some D. few
14. A. go B. live C. reduce D. rise
15. A. houses B. vegetables C. food D. lives
16. A. tomato B. meat C. cabbage D. potato
17. A. use B. stay C. keep D. last
18. A. population B. people C. person D. man
19. A. control B. born C. plan D. reward
20. A. talk B. hear C. think D. worry
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||