|文章作者：bais 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2012-05-06||
“Mum, I want to make you a bet,” I said. “If I go a whole year without TV, will you give me a hundred dollars?”
“Well, if you can ___1___ do it, …”
“Of course I can,” I replied, ___2___ to convince myself.
___3___, all this started from my ___4___ of a picture in the newspaper. I couldn’t bear to look at that boy, ___5___ to have gone one year without TV for a hundred dollars, staring at me with mocking(嘲笑的) eyes. He seemed to ___6___ at me! “I did it, ___7___ you can’t!” he said. I___8___ at the boy’s face.
That year I did a lot of things. ___9___, my father taught me to ski, which became my favourite sport. Many winter afternoons snowball wars with my neighbours ___10___ daily drama. I went on bike trips with my friends and ___11___ as much as a fish.
It was unbelievable how much ___12___ I had without TV. I learned so many new games. I guess the biggest thing I learnt, ___13___, was self-motivation(上进心).
I started to do my ___14___. I went from a D student to an A student within a couple of weeks.
I ___15___ hate reading if there were no ___16___, but now I began to read and enjoy it. I could ___17___ all the pictures just the way I wanted them—my own little ___18___, right inside my head!
I’m ___19___ what I did. I got a lot more from the ___20___ than just the 100 dollars!(www.yygrammar.com)
1. A. only B. really C. occasionally D. finally
2. A. trying B. advising C. needing D. asking
3. A. However B. What’s more C. As a result D. In fact
4. A. joy B. disbelief C. anger D. curiosity
5. A. managed B. expected C. said D. had
6. A. glare B. laugh C. come D. shoot
7. A. and B. but C. or D. besides
8. A. wondered B. glanced C. glared D. looked
9. A. Worse still B. Such as C. For example D. In place
10. A. replaced B. formed C. offered D. joined
11. A. ran B. swam C. breathed D. jumped
12. A. difficulty B. knowledge C. fun D. trouble
13. A. though B. but C. luckily D. even
14. A. washing B. shopping C. sports D. homework
15. A. came to B. used to C. stopped to D. happened to
16. A. pictures B. explanations C. plots D. praises
17. A. draw up B. arrange off C. make up D. find out
18. A. TV B. books C. work D. drama
19. A. surprised at B. interested in C. proud of D. changed by
20. A. experience B. bet C. incident D. picture
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||