|文章作者：马庚华 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2013-06-01||
Susan Cleveland is the young president of a candy company in the city of
Susan, ___1___, did not have any jobs before becoming head of the company. She just finished the college.
The employees(雇员) became ___2___ concerned during Susan’s first months ___3___ the job. Mr Cleveland had been a ___4___ leader. But Susan permitted ___5___ employees to make their own ___6___. One employee said, “Old Mr Cleveland ___7___ told us what to do. He kept people on a short leash. ___8___ the company did well. What does a “short leash” mean? A leash is a kind of rope. We use a leash ___9___ our pet dogs. The leash keeps the dog from ___10___ away ___11___ getting into trouble.
Keeping a person on a short leash means keeping him or her ___12___ close control. The person can’t make many decisions for himself or herself. Ms Cleveland does not keep her workers on a short leash. ___13___, she encourages them to get ___14___ ways to do business. For example, her secretary proposed(建议) an idea. She said the company should ___15___ a sum of money as a prize to the best students in the high school ___16___ the factory. The winner could use the prize money to study at a university. Ms Cleveland ___17___ the idea. After the prize was announced, ___18___ who lived in the area of the factory began to buy ___19___ of the company抯 candy. Local newspapers wrote about the competition. Business ___20___.
Ms Cleveland made her secretary the company抯 first Director of Public Relations. The former secretary was very pleased.
1. A. but B. yet C. so D. however
2. A. so little B. even less C. even more D. no more
3. A. on B. in C. for D. at
4. A. weak B. strong C. kind D. clever
5. A. no B. a few C. few D. many
6. A. products B. candies C. decisions D. plans
7. A. never B. always C. seldom D. did
8. A. Although B. Because C. Otherwise D. But
9. A. to walk B. to use C. to frighten D. to play
10. A. stepping B. pulling C. running D. jumping
11. A. in B. for C. when D. or
12. A. in B. on C. for D. under
13. A. Still B. Yet C. Instead D. While
14. A. other B. more C. many D. better
15. A. save B. offer C. get D. lend
16. A. belonging to B. far from C. near D. in
17. A. studied B. appreciated C. refused D. changed
18. A. students B. workers C. businessmen D. people
19. A. some B. little C. more D. less
20. A. improved B. failed C. continued D. stopped
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||