|文章作者：陈仁祯 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2013-06-01||
其基本形式为It is (was) not until…that…。比较：
He didn't come until his wife left. 他妻子走了之后他才来。
→It was not until his wife left that he came. 他妻子走了之后他才来。
They didn't start until the rain stopped. 直到雨停他们才出发。
→It was not until the rain stopped that they started. 直到雨停他们才出发。
Not until his wife left did he come. 他妻子走了之后他才来。
Not until the rain stopped did they start. 直到雨停他们才出发。
1. It _________ we had stayed together for a couple of weeks _________ I found we had a lot in common. (浙江卷)
A. was until; when B. was until; that C. wasn’t until; when D. wasn’t until; that
2. It was not until she got home _________ Jennifer realized she had lost her keys. (全国III)
A. when B. that C. where D. before
3. It wasn’t until nearly a month later _________ I received the manager’s reply. (全国卷I)
A. since B. when C. as D. that
It might have been John _________ bought a present for Mary yesterday.
A. that B. when C. what D. which
【解析】答案选A，为强调句型，由于句中动词be采用了might have been这一复杂结构，所以许多同学们可能会看不出它是一个强调句型。
It was evening we reached the little town of
A. that B. until C. since D. before
【解析】答案选D。有的考生一看到句首的it was，再联系到选项中的that，就以为这是考查强调句。其实错了。此题是考查连词before的用法。因为去掉It was…that这一结构后，原句不能成为一个完整的句子，所以这不是强调结构。句意是：我们还没有到达Winchester这个小镇，天就夜了。
01. — When was _________?
—_________ was in 2000 when he was still in college.(www.nmet168.com)
A. that; This B. this; It C. it; This D. that; It
02. It was his nervousness in the interview _________ probably lost him the job.
A. which B. since C. that D. what
03. It was what he meant rather than what he said _________ annoyed me.
A. which B. as C. what D. that
04. “How was _________ they discovered the entrance to the underground palace?” “Totally by chance.”
A. it that B. he that C. it when D. he which
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||