|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2013-11-03||
The science of physics today is as current as the morning newspaper. Indeed, as a result of new advances in physics and their rapid application to inventions designed to satisfy man’s wants. The world itself has been changing rapidly. Space technology, industrial technology, and the technology of the home, the farm, the office, the bank, and the department store have all been revolutionized.
Clearly, every grown-up today would understand the world he lives in much better if he knew something about physics. Whether it be Congress(美国国会) voting huge sums of money for new warships, space exploration, or atomic energy; the office staff learning to use a new computer; Son Bobby wanting to know about going to the moon; or the housewife learning to operate a new electric stove, physics seems to be everywhere.
Teachers in thousands of schoolrooms in
But in any case, they can be sure that if they bring a knowledge of science (any science) to their students in meaningful and stimulating ways, they have contributed much to helping each one live a more meaningful life.
1. The application of new advances in physics to inventions ________.
A. may solve all the problems in teaching
B. can help people understand the meaning of life
C. is intended to meet people’s needs
D. makes people understand the voting rules of the Congress
2. according to the passage, many American teachers are making efforts to do all of the following EXCEPT ________.
A. stimulating their students’ curiosity in physics
B. making their students understand the importance of physics
C. giving their students the information of new advances in science
D. creating excitement about physical education among their students
3. The word “themselves” in the third paragraph refers to _______.
A. some of the eager students
B. the students in the classroom
C. the teachers giving lessons
D. all the scientists in physics
4. The first two paragraphs of the passage mainly tell us about ________.
A. new advances in physics
B. the use of physics in our life
C. the science of physics
D. modern developments in science
1. C。答案源于 Indeed, as a result of new advances in physics and their rapid application to inventions designed to satisfy man’s wants.
2. D。第三段第一句话说，美国的教师们对物理新发展的重要性和兴奋之事与学生进行交流。而 D 的意思是：在学生中创造物理教育激动人心的事。显然与原文不一样。
3. A。根据 They know that some of their eager students will someday be scientists and will themselves then contribute (贡献) to…可推知 themselves 指的就是 some of their eager students。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||