|文章作者：HARRY 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2013-11-03||
We may be very pleased with the rapid progress we have made in every field of study. But the way to test a student’s knowledge and ability still remains as poor as it was, we have almost done nothing to improve our examination system.
It is well known that the examination system we are now using may be a good way of testing a student’s memory, but it can tell you nothing about a student’s ability. It does no good to students and teachers.
As soon as a child begins school, he enters a world of examination that will decide his future of job.
In fact a good examination system should train a student to think for himself. But it now does nothing about that. So students are encouraged to remember what is taught. It does not enable them to gain more and more knowledge. The students who come out first in the examination often may not be the best in their studies.
Besides, the examinations often force teachers to train students what to do with the coming examination from time to time. There must be some simpler and better ways to test a student’s ability besides knowledge. And that is what we should do at once.
1. Now little has been done to________.
A. decide a student’s job B. test a student’s ability
C. test a student’s knowledge D. test a student’s memory
2. The examination system we are now using can only make the students ________.
A. gain more and more knowledge B. make rapid progress
C. remember what is taught D. think for themselves
3. In order to make students gain high marks in the coming examination, teachers have to _______.
A. develop their students’ ability
B. fill their students’ heads with much information
C. teach freely (www.yygrammar.com)
D. teach their students how to study
4. The passage tells us about the importance of _______.
A. getting examination system improved
B. taking examinations (www.nmet168.com)
C. testing a student’s knowledge
D. working hard at all lessons
1. B。事实细节题。从But the way to test a student’s knowledge and abilities still remains as poor as it was可知检测学生能力的方式太少了，故答案选B。
2. C。事实细节题。从So students are encouraged to remember what is taught可知答案C正确。
3. B。推理判断题。从Besides, the examinations often force teachers to train students what to do with the coming examination from time to time可推知老师会给学生硬塞许多考试信息，即答案选B。
4. A。主旨大意题。文章一开始提出现在的考试系统的弊端, 而后一步一步分析得出改善考试系统的重要性，即答案选A。引用地址:
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||