|文章作者：HARRY 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2013-11-03||
When you are reading something in English, you may often meet with a new word. What’s the best way to know it?
You may look it up in an English-Chinese Dictionary. It will tell you a lot about the word: the pronunciation, the part of speech, the Chinese meaning and also how to use this word. But how can you know where the word is in thousands of English words? How to find it in the dictionary both quickly and correctly?
First, all the English words are arranged in the alphabetical order In the dictionary you can first see the words beginning with the letter A, B, C, D… That means, if there are two words “general” and “monitor”, “general” will be certainly before “monitor”. Then if there are two words both beginning with the same letter, you may look at the second letter. Then the third, the fourth… For example, “before” is before “begin”, “foreigner” before “forest”, etc. Do you understand how to look up a word in a dictionary?
The dictionary will be your good friend. I hope you’ll use it as often as possible in your English learning.
1. according to the passage, if we don’t know a word, we’d better _______.
A. think hard B. write it again and again
C. ask our teacher or classmate D. look it up in a dictionary
2. When you look up a word in the English-Chinese Dictionary, you should understand not only its Chinese meaning, but also _______.
A. its pronunciation B. its part of speech
C. the use of it D. A, B and C
3. In the English-Chinese Dictionary, the first part is _______.
A. the words beginning with the letter A
B. the words beginning with the letter B
C. the simple words
D. the very short words
4. Here are four words: (1) regular (2) relative (3) reject (4) religion. The right order in the English-Chinese Dictionary is _______.
A. (1), (2), (3), (4) B. (1), (3), (2), (4)
C. (2), (3), (4), (1) D. (3), (1), (4), (2)
5. The English-Chinese Dictionary is _______.
A. useful in our Chinese learning
B. our good friend in learning Chinese
C. a good friend in our English learning
D. not useful in learning English (www.nmet168.com)
1. D。事实细节题。根据 You may look it up in an English –Chinese Dictionary 可知答案为D。
2. D。事实细节题。根据 It will tell you a lot about the word: the pronunciation, the part of speech, the Chinese meaning and also how to use this word可知答案为D。
3. A。推理判断题。根据 In the dictionary you can first see the words beginning with the letter A, B, C, D…可知答案为A。
4. B。事实细节题。根据 In the dictionary you can first see the words beginning with the letter A, B, C, D…可知字典上的单词排序是以英文字母的排序为基础的，因此答案为B。
5. C。推理判断题。根据 The dictionary will be your good friend. I hope you’ll use it as often as possible in your English learning可知汉英字典是我们英语学习中的好帮手。故答案为C。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||