|文章作者：HARRY 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2013-11-03||
For Jennifer, the word ceramics usually reminded her about pottery. Today as she listened to Dr. Kramer, the word took on a new sense. “Your aunt has broken the bone in her hip, Jennifer. Age has taken its tax on her bone structure, so we need to replace her hip with a new one made out of ceramics and metal. I’ve described the program to your aunt, and now she must decide if she wants to undergo surgery.” Jennifer was unsettled by Dr. Kramer’s advice. However, her mind was set at ease when she heard her aunt say, “A ceramic hip is no big deal, Jennifer! Why, there are people who’ve lost arms and legs and now have artificial limbs that work nearly as well as the natural ones. There are artificial hearts for people whose hearts have failed to work properly. All these advances offer new life for folks like me.” “Aunt Nancy, you sound like a medical advertisement,” Jennifer interrupted. “From now on, I’ll call you my robot – aunt!” “I like that!” Aunt Nancy said, “Never doubt that your robot – aunt would prefer having a natural hip, but if it’s a choice between a useless hip and a useful one, then I’ll take the artificial one.”
1. Jennifer describes Aunt Nancy as sounding “like a medical advertisement” because Aunt Nancy _______.
A. knew much about the replacement of body parts
B. sold medical products
C. praised the hospital doctor
D. wrote an article about replacement surgery
2. The author of the story seems to_______.
A. oppose the use of artificial body parts
B. take pity on Jennifer
C. support the use of artificial body parts
D. be anxious for surgical patients
3. The term “robot-aunt” suggests that Aunt Nancy_______.
A. will have the ability to walk again
B. will have a nonhuman part, as does a robot
C. has a natural hip
D. will have strength beyond that of most humans
4. What will probably happen next?
A. Jennifer will ask Aunt Nancy to reconsider her decision.
B. Dr. Kramer will refuse to perform the operation.
C. Aunt Nancy will be operated on by Dr. Kramer.
D. Jennifer will persuade her aunt to put off the operation.
1. A。推理判断题。根据 A ceramic hip is no big deal, Jennifer! Why, there are people who’ve lost arms and legs and now have artificial(人造的) limbs(肢) that work nearly as well as the natural ones. There are artificial hearts for people whose hearts have failed to work properly. All these advances offer new life for folks like me 可知 Nancy用人造肢和人造心脏解释陶瓷臀，非常详细以致于Jennifer认为她听起来像在做广告。故答案为A。
2. C。推理判断题。根据Nancy 对人造身体部位的理解All these advances offer new life for folks like me由此可推断作者的态度是支持的。故答案为C。
3. B。推理判断题。根据“I like that!” Aunt Nancy said及文章最后 then I’ll take the artificial one.可推知Aunt Nancy同意换陶瓷臀，也就是说要有一个非人类的部位。故可推断答案为B。
4. C。推理判断题。根据Dr. Kramer说的话we need to replace her hip with a new one made out of ceramics and metal 和Aunt Nancy的态度then I’ll take the artificial one可推知Dr. Kramer将要给Aunt Nancy做手术，故答案选C。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||