|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2014-01-06||
The Potomac River and
Long before there wasn’t any
1. How did the Indians trade with each other?
A. They traded beads for furs, bows for arrows, corn for potatoes.
B. They traded beads for furs, bows for guns, corn for tomatoes.
C. They traded gold for furs, knives for arrows, corn for potatoes.
D. They traded beads for furs, bows for meat, corn for potatoes.
2. The article states that
A. after two Indian words B. after two states
C. after two queens D. after two rivers
3. The word
A. river B. the Mother of Water
C. Washington D. traders
4. according to the article, which of the following statements is correct?
A. The Potomac Indian traders could not be trusted.
D. The Potomac Indian traders traded only with the people living in
5. Which body of water is the narrowest? (www.nmet168.com)
A. The Mother of Waters. B. The
【答案与解析】文章介绍的是美国的Potomac River和Chesapeake Bay的地理特征。
1. A。事实细节题。从…beads for furs, bows for arrows, and corn for potatoes可知答案A正确。
2. C。事实细节题。从They are named after two English queens—Queen Mary and Queen ElizabethⅠ可知答案C正确。
3. D。事实细节题。从In the Indian language the name for traders was Potomac可知答案D正确。
4. C。事实细节题。从This body of water was so big that it seemed to them like the ocean可知答案C正确。
5. B。推理判断题。The Potomac Indians paddled their canoes down the river until they came to a much broader body of water，其中canoe是独木舟的意思，Potomac River很窄，只容得下独木舟，而Chesapeake Bay却像大海一样大，A项指的也是Chesapeake Bay，由此可见Potomac River在四个选项当中是最窄的，即答案选B。
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||