|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2014-06-08||
阅读下面短文, 从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。（共20小题；每小题1. 5分, 共30分）
My husband, Tom, has always been good with animals, but I was still amazed when he befriended a female grouse（松鸡）. It’s ___11___ for a grouse to have any contact（接触） with people. In fact, they’re hard to spot, ___12___ they usually fly off when they hear humans approaching.
This grouse came into our lives in ___13___. Tom was working out in the field when he ___14___ her walking around at the edge of the field. She was ___15___ unafraid and seemed to be ___16___ about what he was doing.
Tom saw the ___17___ bird several times, and she got more comfortable around him. We quickly grew ___18___ of the bird and decided to call her Mildred.
One day, as Tom was working, Mildred came within a few feet of him to watch. Tom ___19___ he didn’t see her and kept working to see what she would do next.
Apparently, she didn’t like to be ___20___. She’d run up and peck（啄） at Tom’s hands, then ___21___ off to see what he would do. This went on for about 20 minutes, until Mildred became tired of the ___22___ and left.
As spring went and summer came, Mildred started to ___23___ more and more often. ___24___ Mildred felt comfortable enough to jump up on Tom’s leg and stay long enough for me to get a ___25___ of the two of them together. This friendly grouse soon felt ___26___ not just with our family, but with anybody who walked or drove by.
When hunting season opened, we put a ___27___ at the end of our driveway asking ___28___ not to shoot our pet grouse. My father, who lived down the road, ___29___ warned people not to shoot her. ___30___, hunters would stop and take pictures, because they had never seen anything like her.
11. A. interesting B. reasonable C. impossible D. unusual
12. A. though B. because C. unless D. until
13. A. spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter
14. A. got B. kept C. noticed D. imagined
15. A. naturally B. certainly C. normally D. surprisingly
16. A. crazy B. curious C. concerned D. cautious
17. A. shy B. awkward C. friendly D. elegant
18. A. careful B. tired C. fond D. sick
19. A. supposed B. realized C. hoped D. pretended
20. A. ignored B. observed C. amazed D. disturbed
21. A. put B. back C. set D. take
22. A. game B. work C. place D. man
23. A. give up B. come out C. turn over D. fly by
24. A. Eventually B. Suddenly C. Constantly D. Presently
25. A. chance B. dream C. picture D. sense
26. A. comfortable B. guilty C. anxious D. familiar
27. A. lantern B. sign C. gun D. loudspeaker
28. A. drivers B. farmers C. hunters D. tourists
29. A. just B. yet C. thus D. also
30. A. In fact B. For long C. On the contrary D. By the way
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||