|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2014-06-08||
第二节 完形填空（共20小题；每小题1分, 满分20分）
阅读下面短文, 掌握其大意, 然后从21~40各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C和D）中, 选出最佳选项, 并在答题纸上将该选项标号涂黑。
I had worried myself sick over Simon’s mother coming to see me. I was a new ___21___, and I gave an honest account of the students’ work. In Simon’s case, the grades were awfully low. He couldn’t read his own handwriting. ___22___ he was a bright student. He discussed adult subjects with nearly adult comprehension. His work in no way reflected his ___23___.
So when Simon’s mother entered the room, my palms （手掌心） were sweating. I was completely ___24___ for her kisses on both my cheeks. “I came to thank you,”she said, surprising me beyond speech. ___25___ me, Simon had become a different person. He talked of how he ___26___ me, he had begun to make friends, and for the first time in his twelve years, he had ___27___ spent an afternoon at a friend’s house. She wanted to tell me how grateful she was for the ___28___ I had nurtured （培养） in her son. She kissed me again and left.
I sat, stunned （惊呆）, for about half an hour, ___29___ what had just happened. How did I make such a life-changing difference to that boy without ___30___ knowing it? What I finally came to ___31___ was one day, several months before, when some students were ___32___ reports in the front of the class. Jeanne spoke ___33___, and to encourage her to raise her voice, I had said, “Speak up. Simon’s the expert on this. He is the ___34___ one you have to convince, and he can’t hear you in the ___35___ of the room.”That was it. From that day on, Simon had sat up straighter, paid more attention, ___36___ more, and became happy. And it was all because he ___37___ to be the last kid in the last row. The boy who most needed ___38___ was the one who took the last seat that day.
It taught me the most ___39___ lesson over the years of my teaching career, and I’m thankful that it came ___40___ and positively. A small kindness can indeed make a difference.
21. A. cleaner B. reporter C. monitor D. teacher
22. A. Or B. And C. But D. So
23. A. courage B. abilities C. feelings D. dream
24. A. desperate B. responsible C. unprepared D. unsuitable
25. A. Because of B. In spite of C. Apart from D. As for
26. A. loved B. envied C. pleased D. criticized
27. A. gradually B. constantly C. recently D. obviously
28. A. self-respect B. self-doubt C. self-pity D. self-defense
29. A. imagining B. observing C. wondering D. regretting
30. A. also B. even C. always D. still
31. A. expect B. remember C. believe D. accept
32. A. writing B. reviewing C. editing D. giving
33. A. quietly B. repeatedly C. quickly D. firmly
34. A. lucky B. lonely C. only D. likely
35. A. entrance B. middle C. front D. back
36. A. slept B. smiled C. shouted D. quarreled
37. A. intended B. pretended C. refused D. happened
38. A. change B. praise C. thanks D. visits
39. A. difficult B. painful C. valuable D. enjoyable
40. A. early B. slowly C. frequently D. occasionally
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||