|文章作者：adminhm 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2015-09-01||
“My name’s Jim Shelley and I’m an addict…”
With these words I began to ___1___ the problem, the problem of my telephone addiction. I used to call people ___2___, from the moment I woke up to the time I went to sleep. I ___3___ to be phoned, I wanted to phone. Just one more call.
It started socially—a few calls each day. It seemed ___4___, just a quick chat. Gradually though, the ___5___ got worse. Soon it was ___6___ use, until, finally, addiction.
And it began to affect(影响) my ___7___. During the day I would disappear for ___8___ call. If I couldn’t make a call, I spent the whole time waiting for the phone to ring. Getting more and more ___9___, in the end, I would ring someone, then someone else, ___10___ myself just one more call.
I was phoning people and ___11___ messages to make sure ___12___ calls would see me through the day. I used to arrive at friends’ homes and before the door was closed, go straight for the phone with the ___13___ “Is it OK if I just use the phone …?” At work, I became ___14___ when my fellow workers tried to ___15___ me from using the phone. And one day I hit my boss(with the phone ). Finally, the police caught me ___16___ a phone box that had taken my last one pound coin, and I was ___17___ to see a psychiatrist(心理医生).
I haven’t ___18___ a phone in the house for three weeks now, and it’s several days ___19___ I used a phone box. I try not to watch TV because there are ___20___ people on it making phone calls. My name is Jim Shelley and I am an addict.
1. A. face B. find C. accept D. notice
2. A. now and then B. all the time C. at home D. at work
3. A. tried B. asked C. waited D. invited
4. A. polite B. important C. fine D. special
5. A. condition B. situation C. result D. effect
6. A. frequent B. regular C. unusual D. particular
7. A. friends B. study C. family D. work
8. A. a quick B. a secret C. an expected D. an extra
9. A. hopeful B. delighted C. frightened D. anxious
10. A. forcing B. telling C. giving D. limiting
11. A. leaving B. taking C. passing D. recording
12. A. long B. immediate C. enough D. surprising
13. A. saying B. demands C. wish D. words
14. A. careful B. mad C. determined D. helpless
15. A. save B. reduce C. protect D. stop
16. A. destroying B. using C. stealing D. emptying
17. A. offered B. guided C. ordered D. reminded
18. A. missed B. had C. received D. fixed
19. A. as B. when C. if D. since
20. A. always B. just C. more D. different
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||