|文章作者：admin 文章来源：高考英语网 点击数： 更新时间：2018-11-27||
There was once a farmer who had a fine olive orchard. He was very hard working, and the farm always prospered under his care. But he knew that his three sons despised the ___1___ work, and were ___2___ to make wealth, through adventure.
When the farmer was ___3___, and felt that his time had come to die, he called the three sons to him and said, “My sons, there is a pot of ___4___ hidden in the olive ___5___. Dig for it, if you wish it.”
The sons ___6___ to get him to tell them ___7___ what part of the orchard the gold was hidden; but he would tell them ___8___ more.
___9___ the farmer was dead, the sons went to work to find the pot of gold; ___10___ they did not know ___11___ the hiding place was, they agreed to begin in a line, at one end of the orchard, and to dig until one of them should find the money.
They dug until they had turned up the soil from one end of the orchard to ___12___, round the tree-roots and between them. But no pot of gold was to be ___13___. It seemed as if someone must have ___14___ it, ___15___ as if the farmer had been wandering in his wits. The three sons were bitterly ___16___ to have all their work for nothing. (www.yygrammar.com)
The next olive season, the olive trees in the orchard bore ___17___ fruit than they had ever given; when it was ___18___, it gave the sons a whole pot of gold.
And when they saw how much money had come from the orchard, they suddenly ___19___ what the ___20___ father had meant when he said, “There is gold hidden in the orchard. Dig for it, if you wish it.”
1. A. factory B. school C. farm D. home
2. A. dare B. eager C. want D. need
3. A. kind B. rich C. young D. old
4. A. olive B. gold C. fruit D. coin
5. A. orchard B. market C. tree D. garden
6. A. used B. forgot C. came D. tried
7. A. for B. at C. in D. on
8. A. nothing B. something C. any D. things
9. A. After B. Before C. Within D. By
10. A. whether B. although C. if D. since
11. A. there B. where C. what D. which
12. A. another B. others C. the other D. one
13. A. found B. made C. given D. hidden
14. A. brought B. seen C. known D. stolen
15. A. so B. but C. or D. and
16. A. satisfied B. interested C. happy D. disappointed
17. A. fewer B. more C. worse D. less
18. A. sold B .grew C. eaten D. picked
19. A. learnt B. understood C. thought D. studied
20. A. strict B. smart C. wise D. clever
|| 网站地图 | 关于我们 | 版权申明 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 会员中心 | 取回密码 | 友情链接 | 用户留言 | 管理登录 ||