|作者：adminhm 文章来源：本站原创 点击数 更新时间：2015-09-01 文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin|
There are about fifteen hundred languages in the world.
But ___1___ a few of them are very ___2___. English is one of these. Many, many people use it, not only in
Is it easy or difficult to learn English? Different people may have different ___5___. Have you ever ___6___ the ads of this kind in the newspapers or magazines?
“Learn English in six month, or your ___7___ back ...” “Easy and funny? Our records and tapes ___8___ you master your English in a month. ___9___ the first day your ___10___ will be excellent. Just send ...” Of course, it never ___11___ quite like this.
The only language that seems easy to learn is the mother tongue. We should ___12___ that we all learned our own language well when we were ___13___. If we could learn English in the same way, it would not seem so difficult. ___14___ what a small child does. He listens to what people say. He tries what he hears. When he is using the language, talking in it, and ___15___ in it all the time, just imagine how much ___16___ that gets!
So it is ___17___ to say that learning English is easy, because a good command of English ___18___ upon a lot of practice. And practice needs great effort and ___19___ much time. Good teachers, records, tapes, books, and dictionaries will ___20___. But they cannot do the student’s work for him.
1. A. not B. quite C. only D. very
2. A. difficult B. important C. necessary D. easy
3. A. native B. foreign C. useful D. mother
4. A. learning B. enjoying C. trying D. liking
5. A. questions B. problems C. ideas D. answers
6. A. found B. watched C. noticed D. known
7. A. knowledge B. time C. money D. English
8. A. make B. help C. let D. allow
9. A. From B. On C. Since D. After
10. A. spelling B. grammar C. English D. pronunciation
11. A. happened B. know C. seemed D. felt
12. A. know B. remember C. understand D. think
13. A. students B. children C. babies D. grown-ups
14. A. Imagine B. Mind C. Do D. Think of
15. A. using B. thinking C. trying D. practicing
16. A. time B. money C. language D. practice
17. A. hard B. easy C. funny D. silly
18. A. depends B. tries C. has D. takes
19. A. uses B. takes C. gets D. costs
20. A. do B. work C. help D. master