|作者：adminhm 文章来源：本站原创 点击数 更新时间：2015-09-01 文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin|
I ran across an old photo of him the other day, thinking of some old things. He’s been dead for 25 years. His name was Rex.
___1___ was his favorite recreation(娱乐). He had so much ___2___ in the water as any person I have known. You didn’t have .to throw a stick in the water to ___3___ him to go in. Of course, he would bring back a stick to you if you ___4___ throw one in.
That ___5___ me of that night, ___6___ he brought back a small box that he found somewhere—how ___7___ nobody ever knew. Since it was Rex, it ___8___ easily have been half a race. The box wasn’t a good one. It was just a ___9___ old piece that somebody ___10___. Still it was something he wanted, probably ___11___ there was some difficulty in transportation(运输). And that he thought could test his courage. We first knew about his achievement when, deep in the night, we ___12___ him trying to get the box up onto the porch(门厅). It sounded ___13___ two or three people were trying to tear the house ___14___. We came downstairs and turned on the ___15___ light. Rex was on the top step trying to pull the thing up, but it had ___16___ somehow. And he was just holding his own(坚持己见). I suppose he would have held his own ___17___ dawn if we hadn’t helped him. The next day we carried the box miles away and threw it out. If we had thrown it out in a ___18___ place, he would have brought it home again, as a small token(象征) of his strength in such matters. ___19___, he had been taught to carry heavy wooden objects about and he was ___20___ of his skill.
1. A. Fighting B. Swimming C. Barking D. Running
2. A. fun B. trouble C. danger D. difficulty
3. A. stop B. make C. get D. have
4. A. will B. do C. did D. would
5. A. reminds B. warns C. tells D. suggests
6. A. which B. while C. as D. when
7. A. Far B. long C. old D. heavy
8. A. could B. can C. should D. would
9. A. priceless B. worthless C. valuable D. important
10. A. kept B. forgot C. deserted D. remained
11. A. because B. only if C. even if D. in case
12. A. saw B. heard C. watched D. caught
13. A. like B. that C. as if D. at least
14. A. up B. in C. away D. down
15. A. hall B. kitchen C. bedroom D. porch
16. A. rolled B. stopped C. caught D. broken
17. A. at B. before C. till D. during
18. A. distant B. nearby C. silent D. busy
19. A. In all B. As a result C. At last D. After all
20. A. proud B. tired C. ashamed D. doubtful